GAWWA has a number of ongoing projects to improve communications and provide additional service to Section members. Some of the ongoing projects include:
- Development of this website and a quarterly newsletter to members.
- The Executive Committee has selected four members to develop a strategic plan for GAWWA, this project is expecting to take approximately one year.
- Continue to improve upon the Water for People barbeque at the Annual Conference.
- Conduct the first Fishing Tournament Fundraiser to support the GAWP Building Fund.
- Strengthen the committee, such as the Diversity and Water Treatment Committees, outlined on the Committees page.
Request Your Custom Career Center URL!
We have launched a newly redesigned AWWA Career Center. The all new AWWA Career Center provides the opportunity for Sections to use a custom URL. This custom URL can be placed on your site and will direct users to open positions that are specifically available within your Section. Request your custom URL today!
GAWWA Winter Newsletter
The Winter 2015 newsletter for the Georgia Section of the American Water Works Association has been published. It can be viewed, along with past newsletters and other valuable resources, by visiting our Publications Page.
Membership Matters Focus Group
Document with more information: Membership-Committee-Recruitment.doc
The Diversity Committee Wants To Hear From You!
One of the ways to promote diversity in the Water and Wastewater Industry is to share stories of individuals and organizations that are promoting diversity in innovative and creative ways. Consider submitting a paper for a future conference and help us continue the conversation about the benefits and challenges of a growing, diverse workforce. Call For Papers Announcement PDF.
For a list of upcoming meetings, please visit the Meetings/Events page.